America CV Network adds key hires

Gabriel Miramar-Garcia | 23-12-2013

America CV Network has hired Victor Olaniel as general sales manager for its stations WFUN and WJAN South Florida, WJPX and WIRS in Puerto Rico, and WPXO New York.

Additionally, Estrella Zayas-Bazan has been named local sales manager for WJAN South Florida.

Olaniel comes to America CV Network after a run of 18 years in the Hispanic radio industry. He started his career at Spanish Broadcasting Systems (SBS) in 1996 working with El Zol 95.7 as an account executive. He was then hired by Clear Channel in 2000. In 2007, Olaniel was named general sales manager for WMGE Mega 94.9 FM in Miami, and was able to make the station one of the top billing stations in the market.

In May 2013, Olaniel was presented with the Radio Ink Hispanic Sales Manager of the Year award for the top 25 markets in the country.

“This will be a new challenge for me and one that I will embrace with open arms,” he said. “I will work with my new team, motivate and challenge them on a daily basis to make sure we are always winning.”

Zayas-Bazan meanwhile has more than 25 years in the Hispanic broadcast industry. An alumnus of the University of Miami and FIU's Masters of International Business program, Zayas-Bazan has worked with major networks and independent stations in South Florida since 1986. Most recently, she served as a local sales manager at Univision 23 and Telefutura 69, and vice president of sales at WGEN-TV and director of sales at WSFL-TV.

"I'm very enthusiastic about this new opportunity in my career to work at the fastest growing independent Spanish language network in the Miami DMA,” she said. “I’m committing my professional resources in selling, training and coaching to the growth of WJAN Teveo.”