YouTube publishes best watched videos lists
January 1, 2014 14.02 Europe/London By Robert Briel
What-Does-Fox-Say-YlvisYouTube has published its annual list of the ten most viewed music and nonmusic videos on its site.
The most viewed video is The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) by Ylvis from Norway (TV Norge), which had 315,035,670 views until January 1, 2014. YouTube doesn’t rate the Fox video as a music video, but as a comedy.
The best watched music video is, again, from Korean singer PSY’s Genteleman M/V, which has been viewed 615,349,636 views. Psy also holds the record of the best watched YouTuve video ever with Gangnam Style, which counted 1,864,132,886 on December 31, 2013. The song hold the #1 position since November 2012, when it took over from Jason Bieber’s Baby.
Miley Cyrus holds the #2 (Wrecking Ball) and #3 (We Can’t Stop) positions of the most watched music videos of the year.
Here are the top 10 trending YouTube videos for 2013:
1. Ylvis – The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)
2. Harlem Shake (original army edition)
3. How Animals Eat Their Food
4. Miley Cyrus — Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version)
5. baby&me / the new evian film
6. Volvo Trucks — The Epic Split feat. Van Damme
7. YOLO (feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar)
8. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise
9. THE NFL: A Bad Lip Reading
10. Mozart vs. Skrillex. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2.
Here are the top 10 most viewed music videos of 2013:
1. PSY — Gentleman M/V
2. Miley Cyrus — Wrecking Ball
3. Miley Cyrus — We Can’t Stop
4. Katy Perry — Roar (Official)
5. P!nk — Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess
6. Robin Thicke — Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell
7. Rihanna — Stay ft. Mikky Ekko, Rihanna
8. Naughty Boy — La La La ft. Sam Smith, NaughtyBoy
9. Selena Gomez — Come & Get It
10. Avicii — Wake Me Up (Official Video)