i24 News selects Dalet for asset management

Rebecca Hawkes | 16-01-2014

Israel's new privately-owned 24-hour news channel has installed a Dalet News Suite news production and automation system in its Jaffa Port studios.

The system features a media asset management system from Dalet, along with the company's Brio 4:4 ingest and playout servers, Harmonic ProMedia Carbon transcoders, Quantum LTO tape library, and a Brightcove content management system (CMS).

"Having an interface with a comprehensive CMS is critical. With Dalet being linked to Brightcove, i24news is able to integrate services and content better for distribution over the Web and multi-platforms that have become so crucial in today's 24/7 news environment," said Effy Lupo, chief technical officer, i24news.

The system is used by over 150 journalists to access and share content for bulletins, talk shows and magazine shows in all three languages broadcast by the channel (English, French and Arabic).

Johann Zemmour, director of sales, said the Dalet team "worked closely with i24news staff on all aspects of the operations, from workflow design to managing the project installation and training staff. Given the complexity of the operation and number of partners involved, this was an extraordinarily fast deployment."

i24 began broadcasting its three channels in July 2013, with a cable and satellite reach of 800 million households around the world.