Me-TV signs local TV affiliate deals for Philly, NYC

Michelle Clancy | 29-01-2014

Nostalgia-oriented broadcaster Me-TV Network has signed new affiliation agreements in New York and Philadelphia with the PMCM TV Broadcast Group.

PMCM TV is the owner/operator of KVNV, Channel 3, serving the New York City television market, and KJWP Channel 2, serving the Philadelphia television market. Both KVNV and KJWP are full power television stations, entitled to must-carry status. As such, they will be making Me-TV available to all viewers in New York and Philadelphia markets whether they receive television signals via over the air, on cable or satellite.

In addition to airing Me-TV programming, both KVNV and KJWP plan to air locally produced news, public affairs and other community oriented programming complementing the family-friendly content of Me-TV.

"Affiliating with Me-TV was an easy decision. We are a family-owned company. In programming the stations, we were looking for shows that a parent or grandparent can watch with their children or grandchildren and not be embarrassed by the content or the language," said Robert McAllan, managing partner of PMCM TV. "Me-TV, with a full line-up of classic, memorable shows like Gilligan's Island, Mary Tyler Moore, Perry Mason and Star Trek, fits perfectly with our strategy of how best to serve the communities in which we live and work."

KJWP, licensed to Wilmington, is located on the same tower as Philadelphia NBC-owned and operated station WCAU along with several other Philadelphia-market TV stations. KJWP began broadcasting over the air on channel 2.1 last autumn, and is expected to have full satellite and cable distribution by 1 March. KVNV-DT will broadcast from 4 Times Square in Manhattan and is scheduled to commence operation in the second quarter of 2014.

"2013 was an outstanding year for The Me-TV Network," said Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting Co, the parent company of The Me-TV Network. "Our affiliate base has grown to 157 affiliates representing more than 90% of the country and we are seeing significant ratings growth. Me-TV's national NTI (Nielsen) ratings have been phenomenal, and now we are adding full time, full power primary affiliates in New York and Philadelphia. If I didn't know better, I'd think we were in The Twilight Zone."