My-HD adds two Discovery channels to DTH bouquet

Rebecca Hawkes | 06-02-2014

My-HD has added Animal Planet HD and Discovery Science HD to its low cost pay-TV platform for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).

"We at My-HD are delighted to launch the HD versions of Animal Planet and Discovery Science to our continuously expanding portfolio of prominent channels at no extra cost to our existing subscribers," said Cliff Nelson, CEO, My-HD.

"This agreement constitutes a significant milestone as My-HD now offers 39 HD channels, that's more than any other DTH/satellite TV platform in the region. We will continue to work hard to provide the best viewing experience to our subscribers in the MENA region," he added.

The direct-to-home (DTH) satellite operator, which launched from Dubai in 2012, now offers subscribers in the Arab world 42 channels, of which 37 are in high definition (HD).

Animal Planet HD explores the lives of both wild and domestic creatures, with programmes such as Meet the Sloths and Deadly Islands, to My Cat from Hell and Mermaids: New Evidence.

Discovery Science tackles science, technology and engineering in an entertaining way, with series such as How Tech Works, Bang Goes the Theory and Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.