MediaWorks relaunches free VOD service
Louise Duffy | 18-02-2014
New Zealand’s MediaWorks has relaunched its free video-on-demand (VOD) service, offering shows from TV3 and Four. 3NOW is available on mobile and tablet (iOS and Android) and on Samsung televisions. TV3’s online catch-up service has been rebranded as 3NOW.
MediaWorks director of programming, Mark Caulton, said: “We’re always looking for ways to enrich the viewing experience. We know our audience want to be able to watch their favourite shows on their iPhones, Android devices and tablets, and have access to a desktop online catch-up service. 3NOW delivers all of that, with more of our content than ever.”
MediaWorks' director of interactive, Siobhan McKenna added: “Audience expectation has been high so it’s especially good to get such a strong product to market.
“When the content is so great, it’s important to ensure the user experience is largely ‘invisible’. It takes time and skill to make something appear simple and seamless.
“The interactive team has done a fantastic job, and word of mouth through our testing period has been encouraging, with the beta version of the iOS App alone downloaded more than 50,000 times to date.”
To celebrate the launch of 3NOW, MediaWorks is treating viewers to a box set release of Netflix series House of Cards on Sunday 23 February. All 13 episodes in series one will be available to watch on 3NOW for 28 days.
Key features of 3NOW include:
• An improved catch-up video platform
• The ability to pause shows and carry on watching from where the user left off
• Extra video content exclusive to 3NOW
• Innovative social media integration – helping users to share viewing experiences with their friends
• A new EPG, enabling users to look back and look forward
• The ability for users to manage their data consumption
• 3NOW provides new opportunities to clients and sponsors thanks to its ad-logic