CMJ renews A Stranger in My Home and Fatal Vows for ID

Michelle Clancy | 27-02-2014

Independent TV production company CMJ Productions has inked renewal agreements with Investigation Discovery (ID) for two non-fiction series: A Stranger in My Home and Fatal Vows.

The series are renewed for season two and season three, respectively.

"CMJ Productions' renewal deals with ID underscore our mission of creating compelling quality factual programming that is an audience magnet for successful networks," said CMJ founder, CEO and executive producer John Kuyk. "There is a growing need in the marketplace for this type of original, engaging content."

A Stranger in My Home is a documentary series serves as a blend of mystery and suspense, telling the true stories of what happens when residents invite strangers to live in their home. Unbeknownst to them, their trust becomes a weapon as their new promising acquaintance's darker agenda is revealed.

Fatal Vows is a 23-part, hour-long documentary series, based on the public court documents of divorce and murder court proceedings. As marriages fall apart, divorce can turn ugly and bring out the worst in people, sometimes leading them to do shocking things they never imagined they were capable of including murder.

"CMJ's mastery of unique storytelling, demonstrated in these riveting series, have contributed to ID becoming the top destination in the US for mystery and suspense programming," said Jane Latman, senior vice president of development at ID.