William Shatner sells Brown Bag Web series to Ora.TV

Michelle Clancy | 09 May 2014

The former Captain Kirk, beloved actor and sometime Priceline pitchman William Shatner has signed a development deal with Internet TV network and production studio Ora.TV.

Shatner's Brown Bag Wine Tasting Web series will move exclusively to Ora.TT, with new episodes debuting starting 23 June. The series joins a line-up that includes shows featuring Larry King, Governor Jesse Ventura and Haylie Duff.

The two also signed a deal to develop and produce original content based on Shatner's "various interests".

Brown Bag Wine Tasting follows Shatner's adventures as he asks willing participants to blindly taste wine and describe it in terms of their occupation, with the goal of making the show fun, interactive and a social experience.

"Brown Bag Wine Tasting is close to my heart, and I am delighted to partner with Ora.TV on this show," Shatner said. "I look forward to launching it in the near future and to developing new ideas with their talented team."

Ora.TV CEO Jon Housman added: "Brown Bag Wine Tasting is a great addition to our programming. It has a light heartedness and sense of humour that will resonate with our viewers, and of course Bill's amazing chemistry with his guests and his charisma on screen."