Thread: select tv

Uploads

select tv

G,Day all
    its been a while and i just thought i would ask if there has been any progress on receiving select, without the obvious!
    cheers Bruce

Uploads

Re: select tv

Good to see you here again Bruce69, long time no see , but as to your enquiry nothing yet mate and very hard for it to happen , I'am pretty sure the sub is now married to your box ,hence cant update ,similiar to foxtel and austar. Will be a hard nut to crack. Card sharing may be the only way at this stage. If I hear of anything different I'll keep you posted.
    I'am still in the dark on that project .

Uploads

Thanks Bodgie,I borrowed a card (select) from a mate,put it in my toppy and it worked no prob,as far as i know its ird 2, whats the diff from ird 1,If i discover anything you all will know.
    Cheers for now Bruce

Uploads

Hi again Bruce 69, I,am as much in the dark as you are on ird2 but I believe that now both providers fox and austar have married the cards to their boxes so that they will only update with this system in place .
    I have proved this because I have two ligit boxes here, and the cards wont work if I swap them from one box to the other.
    The reason I believe that there doing this, is to stop them from updating in another box. The card may work for a while in some other boxes but I stress I think will not update. Just another form of protection .
    All I can say........A hard nut to crack until someone with a brain work's it all out..... and that's not me, I'am thick as a brick on this subject.
    Cheers mate. P.S... I've got to be a bit careful mate ,I'am on austarnet at the moment.

Uploads

Ok, a few things:

F0x use ND$ as their encryption system and aus* use irdeto 2.

The diffrences between I1 and I2 are that the details are no longer statically stored on the card so you can'd just read them and copy them. Don't know the technical details, but there are now several layers of programming and encryption that mean a card's details can not be read or cloned.

A fox card won't work in an austar box or vice versa because they are two different encryption systems. An austar card is married to its austar box but can be used in just about any other irdeto certified box out there. A fox card will not work in any other box (except through emulation on a Dreambox) because NDS only sell their technology through providers, so you can't buy a box. I believe there may be some Cams that work but have never tried them.

Select use irdeto 2, the latest cards (version 5 also known as epsilon cards) which use some pretty advanced protection tecnology to make card sharing harder..

Having said that ANY of these cards can be shared using a dreambox (or a compatible/ derivative box) and NewCS. I haven't tried with the Select card but i believe it can be done with the latest versions of NewCS - the other cards have been able to be shared this way for quite some time.

I hope that helps.

Uploads

Cheers for the info,so i suppose untill someone works it out we will have to pay!Bugger.
    Cheers Bruce

Uploads

WOW......Cunion you are the master and thank's for all that info , myself and Bruce 69 have certainly learned something and we thank you .
    Just goes to show nobody is too old to learn .