Avinash Kaul appointed CEO of Indian TV network IBN18
Rebecca Hawkes
| 27 May 2014
Avinash Kaul, formerly chief executive officer of Times Now, ET Now and Zoom, is joining IBN18 Network as chief executive officer.

He will be responsible for the channels CNN-IBN, IBN7 and IBN Lokmat, while his key task will be the consolidation and diversification of TV18's general news network.

"Avinash brings a very successful track record as a leader and a wealth of knowledge about the media and broadcasting industry. Now, as we gear up for an ambitious phase of growth, I am convinced that he has the inclusive skills and leadership that are needed to steer us through," said B Saikumar, Group CEO, Network18.

Kaul brings with him over 16 years of experience in broadcast, encompassing advertising sales, distribution, programming and marketing, cross genres. In addition to his last position as CEO, TV Division of BCCL, he has worked for Discovery Communications, STAR India, NDTV Media and Sahara One.

"With the heightened interest in general news among the populace as is evident in the highest turnout percentage in the General Elections the timing of me joining Network18 couldn't have been better. My mandate is to ensure leadership of the brands and continued business success with a clear focus on general news across various languages," said Kaul.

He will take on the role at IBN18 vacated by Dilip Venkatraman, who left to pursue entrepreneurial interests in August 2013.