Telefónica closes Digital+ deal

June 3, 2014 08.34 Europe/London By Chris Dziadul

Spain’s Telefónica has finalised the acquisition of all the shares in the pay-TV business Televisión Digital (DTS) owned by Prisa.

These account for 56% of the share capital of DTS, with the agreed price being €750 million.

In a statement, Telefónica says that deal is subject to approval from the competition authorities and to a representative panel of the banks financing Prisa.

The deal will effectively see Telefónica increase its stake in the pay-TV business to 78%, with the remaining 22% still in the hands of the Spanish subsidiary of Italy’s Mediaset.