Sigma appoints Tor Braham to board
Michelle Clancy
| 18 June 2014
Connected media platform provider Sigma Designs has announced that it has appointed Tor R Braham to serve as a member of the board of directors.

"We are very excited to have Tor join our board of directors," said Thinh Tran, Sigma's president and CEO. "We will benefit from his extensive financial expertise as well as his knowledge of the technology industry. Tor has been advising technology companies on strategy and corporate development for over 30 years, and we are excited to have his level of experience and insight on our board."

Prior to joining Sigma, Braham served as managing director and global head of technology, mergers and acquisitions for Deutsche Bank Securities. Prior to that, he served as managing director and co-head of West Coast US Technology in the M&A division of Credit Suisse First Boston. Braham was also an investment banker with UBS Securities and a lawyer at a prominent Silicon Valley law firm. Holds a BA degree from Columbia College and a JD degree from New York University School of Law. He also currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors at NetApp.

"I am delighted to join the board of directors of Sigma Designs," said Braham. "Sigma has always been an innovative company with exciting technology and a worldwide footprint of customers. I believe I can help Sigma as it continues to focus on growing revenues in a profitable manner."