Shed Media becomes Warner Bros TV Productions UK
| 20 June 2014
With the acquisition of all outstanding shares of Shed Media Group now complete, Warner Bros Television Group (WBTVG) has announced a new name and management team for its UK TV production operation.

Shed Media Group is to be re-branded as Warner Bros Television Productions UK, with Nick Emmerson and Claire Hungate charged with leading the new entity as managing director and co-managing director respectively.

Current Shed Media Group CEO Nick Southgate has decided to leave what has become one of the UK's largest and most successful production companies comprising Wall to Wall, Twenty Twenty Television, Ricochet, Watershed Television, Renegade Pictures, Yalli and Headstrong Pictures. "I've had a wonderful six years leading this amazing bunch of people and now feel it is time for me to look for a new entrepreneurial challenge. I want to thank everyone at Shed and Warner Bros, and wish them all the best for the future," commented Southgate on his departure.

Both of the new senior managers boast a long experience of working in the UK's thriving independent production sector. Emmerson will be responsible for the overall operation of the new company with a primary focus on creative affairs across the group, with the heads of Wall to Wall, Twenty Twenty, Ricochet, Watershed, Renegade, Yalli and Headstrong reporting to him. He will also be tasked with building on the company's creative collaboration with WBTVG's US production units such as Warner Bros. Unscripted & Alternative Television including Warner Horizon Unscripted Television, Telepictures and Shed Media US as well as Warner Bros Television and Warner Horizon Scripted Television.

For her part, Hungate will serve as the company's top business, strategy and operations executive, responsible primarily for the business, strategic and financial matters of the company.