MOGILEVETC
    TAIDER
    ZHIRKOV
    MAHREZ
    IONOV
    MOSTEFA
    ESHCHENKO
    Coach Coach
    HALILHODZIC Vahid (BIH) CAPELLO Fabio (ITA)

Cautions

Djamel MESBAH (ALG) 39' , Dmitry KOMBAROV (RUS) 57' , Aleksei KOZLOV (RUS) 59' , Nabil GHILAS (ALG) 87' , Liassine CADAMURO (ALG) 92'

a.e.t.: After extra time (C): Captain PSO: Penalty Shoot-out
    GK: Goalkeeper N: Not eligible to play I: Injured
    Y: Misses next match if booked Pos: Positions A: Absent

Uploads

Algeria book Germany date, eliminate Russia

Islam Slimaniís second-half header secured Algeria a 1-1 draw with Russia that sent them into the knockout phase of the FIFA World Cupô for the first time. Fabio Capelloís side had been on course to seize the runners-up spot in Group H thanks to Alexander Kokorinís early goal, but Vahid Halilhodzicís men rallied to secure a trip to Porto Alegre to face Germany on Monday. Parity lasted just six minutes in Curitiba, and it owed as much to a gorgeous cross as it did to an assured finish. Dmitry Kombarov collected the ball of the left flank and guided it on to the head of Kokorin, who combined power and accuracy to find the top corner from nine yards.

Midway through the half, Oleg Shatov burst purposefully through the midfield and unleashed a 25-yard strike that wasnít far off target. Yacine Brahimi did well to make space for himself on the edge of the box, but his low drive lacked power and went straight at goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev. Algeria had a much better chance on the stroke of half-time. Brahimiís handily-whipped corner gave Slimani a free header, six yards out, but the No13ís effort went straight into the arms of a relieved Akinfeev. Russia took merely two minutes to carve out a great opportunity following the restart. Alexander Samedov broke forward and played a defence-piercing one-two with Kokorin. It left the former one-on-one with Adi Mbohli, but the Algeria keeper did superbly to make himself big and block the shot.

Les Fennecs equalised on the hour. Slimani leapt impressively at the back post to meet Brahimiís corner and, undeterred by the flying fist of Akinfeev, sent a powerful, downward header into the net. Russia attempted to respond and Samedovís clever reverse pass found Kerzhakov in space inside the Algeria penalty area on 70 minutes. But the forward's fierce, low shot was saved impressively by Mbohli. Capello's side pressed relentlessly for a winning goal, but Algeria, with centre-back Rafik Halliche impressing, cleared a series of ball into their box. The final whistle was greeted with joyous celebrations from the Algeria supporters. At the fourth attempt, they have made it beyond the World Cupís group stage.

Uploads

Algeria-Russia: Quotes

Vahid Halilhodzic, Algeria coach
    I am very proud, we played a heroic match and we deserved to qualify. Weíre very, very proud. Weíve progressed so much over the past three years and this is a real gift for us. Weíve received support from all over the Arabic world Ė and that has been wonderful. The people here in Brazil also appreciate our sincerity and enthusiasm and Iím proud of that. But more than that, Iím proud of the way the team has played. Everyone will now talk about 1982 when Algeria beat Germany, but 32 years ago is a long time!

Fabio Capello, Russia coach
    In my career, Iíve never seen a World Cup at this level. The quality is absolutely incredible, the pace is so intense. This is a great tournament. If you make the slightest mistake, you pay for it. We made minor mistakes which weíve paid for. I never look for excuses, I accept defeat. At this World Cup, I was playing for the present Ė not for 2018. We could have won it, but we conceded. I thought we played well, the Algeria goalkeeper saved well on a few occasions. This Algerian squad is an excellent team, they have power and quality. They deserve respect Ė but Iíve said that ever since the draw was made.

Islam Slimani, Algeria forward and Budweiser Man of the Match
    Itís a dream come true for me, but itís not just me Ė itís the group that should be praised. Weíve played well and we deserve to qualify. This award is a real bonus, I love to play with this team.