Yahoo!, Sony extend Community content deal
Online giant Yahoo! has signed a repeat deal with Sony Pictures Television to bring the sixth season of the Community comedy series to its Yahoo! Screen online video offering.

Created by Dan Harmon, who also acts as executive producer with Russ Krasnoff, Community is centred around a group of friends who all met at an educational institution, and is described as a "smart, exuberant comedy" that Yahoo! says is consistently ranked as "one of the most inventive and original half-hours on television". The series is a Krasnoff-Foster Entertainment and Harmonious Claptrap production, in association with Universal Television and Sony Pictures Television and will be available exclusively on Yahoo! Screen.

"I am very pleased that Community will be returning for its predestined sixth season on Yahoo," said Harmon. "I look forward to bringing our beloved NBC sitcom to a larger audience by moving it online. I vow to dominate our new competition. Rest easy, Big Bang Theory. Look out, Bang Bus!"

"Yahoo! is all about connecting the best creators to the audiences who love their work. Community has an incredibly passionate and loyal fan base who have fought hard to keep this amazing show alive. We couldn't be more excited to work with Dan, Joel and the entire cast, as well as Sony, to deliver a great season six," added Yahoo CMO Kathy Savitt.

"The fans spoke and we listened. Thanks to Yahoo!, and the amazing team that makes Community great, we've avoided the Darkest Timeline yet again and plan to deliver a fantastic season," said Zack Van Amburg, president of programming and production for SPT.