Amazon becomes streaming home for Transparent
Michelle Clancy
| 27 September 2014
Amazon has inked a deal to bring all 10 episodes of the critically-acclaimed dark comedy series Transparent to Prime Instant Video customers in the US, UK and Germany.

From creator Jill Soloway (Afternoon Delight, Six Feet Under) and starring Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), Judith Light (Dallas), Gaby Hoffmann (Girls), Amy Landecker (Louie) and Jay Duplass (Togetherness), Transparent follows the Pfeffermans - a Los Angeles family forced to deal with their long-held secrets together.

Written, directed and executive produced by Soloway, Transparent is a half hour novelistic series that explores family, identity, sex and love. The series stars Tambor as Maura, who has spent her life as Mort - the Pfefferman family patriarch. When she reintroduces herself to her family, everyone's secrets finally start to come out. This includes her ex-wife Shelly (played by Light), and their children - meandering Ali (played by Hoffmann), record producer Josh (played by Duplass), and sexually conflicted Sarah (played by Landecker).

"We're thrilled to bring this poignant, funny and beautifully crafted series to Amazon Prime customers and to the world," said Roy Price, vice president at Amazon Studios. "It's been an honour to partner with such a passionate storyteller as Jill Soloway to bring her vision for Transparent to life and we can't wait for everyone to meet the Pfeffermans."

Soloway added, "I could not be more excited to share Transparent with the world today. In many ways, the Pfefferman's story is one I've wanted to tell for many years and I'm so grateful to Amazon and my incredibly talented cast and crew for allowing me to fulfill this creative dream." inShare4