Thread: Help with HTPC + linux + cccam

Uploads

Help with HTPC + linux + cccam

Hi!
    After so much research and reading, I'm still left with many open questions. The situation is this: I have Win7+MediaPortal 1.9.0 on my HTPC, and it is working basically very nice and good. I use a DVB-S2 card for live tv, and hadu for cccam, it works great. The problem is that I'm always facing some problems that are very usual on Windows systems, stability issues related to standby/resume, and many unexplainable things, sometimes random crashes. Anyway, I wanted to move to the latest Openelec with TVHeadend, since the latest 3.9 branch has proper sat rotor USALS support and my cline should also work with Oscam. But there is a huge problem with TVH: timeshifting is not working, it is a complete mess, skip xx seconds bk/ff just doesn't work, and the developers are also not considering the fix a high priority:( This rules out TVH until timeshifting is fully functional. This leaves me with VDR, but this brings up the issue that I'm completely a Linux n00b. I can just follow a guide on Linux and command prompt. A year or so ago you have recommended here the best solution for a HTPC: Openelec + VDR + Oscam.

Well, I find everything related to VDR complicated and do not understand many of the versions out there, configurations, etc. I was hoping that you would be able to guide me with a step-by-step guide how to setup the OE + VDR + Oscam to have a working description, timeshifting, and even perhaps rotor function. What I need:

- stable, reliable Live TV, dvb-s2
    - I how a classic c-line that I need to use, ip: port, user pass -> how to configure this for VDR?
    - configure timeshifting that skip back/ff works as it should, pause/resume too
    - perhaps setup of USALS for my motor, I use 0,8W most of the time, but also 7E, 16E, 28.2E, etc.
    - scheduled recording

Your help is so much very appreciated!

Uploads

Re: Help with HTPC + linux + cccam

You need to install everything from openelec (xbmc) plugins menu you need these plugins Xbmc+VNSI = Addon+vdr+VNSI plugin+dvbapi plugin+oscam
    In a browser go to the ip address of your box with port 8888 (for example 192.168.1.10:8888, the default username and password is "oscam" (without quotes of course).
    About oscam config please use this forum search function, you can find plenty of info about this.
    About rotor config, I can't help you because I only had multi feed setups.

Uploads

Thank you for your help!
    It sounds great. However, before I get into this, can you please confirm that timeshifting and recording are working without any bugs, so as they should?
    Also, the whole VDR LiveTV on latest OE with oscam (c-line) is stable and reliable?

Uploads

Unfortunately I can't confirm, because I don't have anymore pc with vdr for watching. Right now I have RPi with vdr backend and I am streaming from my home to my tv (no time shift). But anyway you can test by yourself.
    About vdr+oscam like backend is rock solid.

Uploads

Many thanks! It does looks promising. The real problem is that I1m not getting any support (apart from you, of course) regarding the configuration of VDR-Oscam in Openelec.
    OE forum is in 95% without any real help, except for few topics where there are some real helpful guys like you. Most of the users anyway complain about very poor support in OE forums. For example, if you post ANY question in MediaPortal forums, you will receive very useful answers within 24 hours, and probably immediate help and support. So much better community.

Anyway, there is just nobody who could tell me how to use a simple cline for OE+VDR+OSCAM. Since there are no advance configurations or whatsoever, it should be one of the basics for a setup like this. Yet, nobody help:(

I see the VDR forum, but it is mainly in German, but I will try in their English topic, however not too much users there.
    Maybe at XBMC forum, but I tried there too, and no luck at all.

I cant believe there are so many people using VDR and nobody can help me with:
    - how to configure channels (I guess it is w_scan)
    - how to configure cline
    - how to configure USALS for rotor

While the rotor config might be a very advanced one, but the previous two should be quite novice steps, I believe.

test yavdr it s very good distribution
    yavdr + vdr-plugin-dvbapi + oscam