Entone partners for hybrid CATV
Michelle Clancy | 15 October 2014

Entone has partnered with Etex and i-Velozity to offer a ready-to-deploy hybrid CATV solution that includes its hybrid QAM/IP devices, Etex's hosted middleware and CAS/DRM service, and a video-on-demand (VOD) library from i-Velozity.

The joint hybrid CATV solution uses existing cable head-end systems to deliver a combination of traditional linear TV with advanced features like whole-home digital video recording, multiscreen and emerging cloud and over-the-top (OTT) applications.

"Migrating to an all-IP network provides clear benefits for operator and consumer alike, but there are challenges that impede an abrupt move: costs are high, content rights are complex and legacy platforms must be maintained during the transition," said Bill Hughes, senior product manager at Entone.

"CATV operators are presented with the unique opportunity to deliver a superior consumer experience while also reducing overall operating costs. Our joint solution with Etex and i-Velozity helps reduce the cost of entry associated with delivering advanced interactive applications over IP."