A&E appoints iTV vet as channel head
Michelle Clancy
| 05 November 2014
Paul Buccieri, a veteran of UK media company iTV, has been appointed president of A&E and HISTORY.

Buccieri will oversee all content creation, programming, brand development and marketing for A&E and HISTORY and their affiliated brands.

"Paul and I have a longstanding professional relationship going back to our early programming days on some of A&E's biggest hits," said Nancy Dubuc, president and CEO at A+E Networks. "I could not be more excited that he is joining the A+E Networks family. Paul is one of those unique executives who brings both strong leadership skills and business acumen to the creative process. He is also a brilliant strategist. As the media landscape continues to evolve, Paul will be looking at the future of our powerful brands with a macro-vision."

Prior to the appointment, which will take effect early next year, Buccieri served as chairman at ITV Studios' US group and ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Before that, Buccieri was president of programming, production and development at Fox Twentieth Television. And previously he was an executive producer at Endemol USA.

"Nancy is a dynamic and inspiring leader who has built an exemplary management team at A+E Networks. With a combination of this team and a portfolio of incredibly strong brands, we will continue to attract the best creative talent. I'm thrilled to be joining the A+E Networks family," said Buccieri. "I want to thank ITV for an incredible seven year journey. I could not be more appreciative of all the wonderful people I've worked with during my time there."