Cisneros appoints new content director for Venevision
Juan Fernandez Gonzalez
| 11 November 2014
Cisneros Media production house and independent producer of Spanish-language programming in the US, Venevision Productions, has appointed Carlos Santos as director of content & artistic development.

carlossantosThe Mexican actor and director has over 25 years of experience across different fields in the audiovisual industry and will be based at Cisneros Media's studios in Miami, reporting directly to the EVP of operations, Juan Carlos Sosa.

"Among his new responsibilities, Carlos will oversee the design and development of stories and scripts as well as the talent and casting departments, in addition to supervising the artistic direction of our productions," Sosa explained. "Carlos comes as part of the renewal process of the company's talent which I initiated immediately upon my appointment as head of the studios at the end of last year."

Santos has participated in theatre companies and has worked for some of the most important Spanish-language television networks in the United States and Mexico, such as Televisa, for which he worked for over ten years.

A member of Venevision Productions' directorial team since 2010, Santos directed the production of telenovelas including Sacrificio de Mujer, Eva Luna, Corazon Apasionado and El Talisman. He directed the Web novela No Me Hallo for Univision and also took part as an actor, acting coach and director in a number of major productions for the Telemundo network.

Venevision was integrated into the Cisneros Media brand last year in an effort to unify the communication structure and offer more efficiency for advertisers.