I-League resumes on Ten Sports in January 2015
Rebecca Hawkes
| 28 November 2014
Ten Sports is to broadcast the forthcoming season of India's club football league, the I-League, beginning 17 January 2015.

The competition's official broadcaster will air 75 of the total 110 matches live in a season which has been delayed so as not to clash with the newly launched Indian Super League (ISL).

The I-League will kick off in Bengaluru, the home of the defending champion Bengaluru FC.

"We have had a long-standing partnership with the All India Football Federation (AIFF) and the I-League. We have seen this property grow leaps and bounds on our network in terms of audience interest and viewership numbers," said Rajesh Sethi, CEO, Ten Sports.

In addition, the AIFF and league clubs have agreed to hold an under-15 tournament in 2015. The inaugural competition would include the ten I-League sides, two AIFF and four other academies.

Ultimately, to further the development of Indian football, the rival ISL and I-League may be merged into a single competition, Kushal Das, general secretary of the AIFF, recently told reporters in Dubai.