Amazon to launch first original live-action kids series
| 29 November 2014
Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, Amazon’s first original live-action kids series, is to debut on Prime Instant Video in the UK on 19 December.

Aimed at children aged 6 to 11 and the first ready-to-go project from Amazon’s open-door pilot submissions process, the series was created by pre-school teacher and first-time writer David Anaxagoras and executive produced by Oscar winner Luke Matheny and stars Sloane Morgan Siegel (Partners), Ashley Boettcher (Aliens in the Attic), Drew Justice (The Little Rascals Save the Day), and Robyn Lively .

“We’re thrilled to bring to our customers something exceptional and truly distinctive in today’s kids landscape,” commented Tara Sorensen, head of kids’ programming at Amazon Studios.

“Luke and David have fully realised a nostalgic and cinematic adventure series that organically blurs the line between imagination and reality, which will resonate remarkably with kids and families.”

Added Anaxagoras: “I’m so happy that Amazon has allowed me to tell this very special story of a world through the eyes of a 13-year-old where things are still a little magical. This is a dream I’ve had for a long time and the entire experience has felt natural and exciting — from my initial submission and the pilot being greenlit to working alongside talented minds pouring themselves into the project through the series’ production.”