World Fishing Network, Outdoor Channel consolidate leadership
Michelle Clancy
| 01 December 2014
Jim Liberatore has been named president and CEO of World Fishing Network, succeeding Kim Carver, who will remain with the company through a transition period.

In addition to his new role, Liberatore will continue to serve as president and CEO of Outdoor Channel, where he is responsible for the overall strategic, operational and creative vision for the independent outdoor lifestyle cable network.

Liberatore brings to World Fishing Network more than 25 years of industry experience. Prior to joining Outdoor Channel in June 2013, he served as president of SportsTime Ohio from 2006 to 2013, where he was responsible for the launch of the Northern Ohio sports network. Before that, Liberatore led Speed Channel for five years as president. He was also president and GM at FOX Sports/Sunshine Network and held executive positions at Madison Square Garden Network and Madison Square Garden earlier in his career.

"Jim Liberatore's passion for the outdoor entertainment space is unique in my experience, and World Fishing Network and Outdoor Channel will benefit from his expertise and vision," said Matt Hutchings, president and CEO of KSE Media Ventures, which oversees the operations of Outdoor Channel and has a 50% stake in World Fishing Network. "Bringing together World Fishing Network and Outdoor Channel under his leadership will unify our outdoor programming resources and help us to continue providing the best outdoor programming to all our viewers."

Liberatore added: "My entire career, I've had the amazing privilege of serving passionate audiences who view 'their' network as more than simply a channel number on a dial, but a way of life. World Fishing Network viewers certainly fit that description. I am confident that we are well positioned to grow the networks, and add value for our valued viewers, advertisers and business partners."