Former Cisneros VP to launch distribution company

DetailsJuan Fernandez Gonzalez | 08 January 2015

Preparing an official presentation for NATPE 2015, César Díaz, former VP of Cisneros Media Distribution who left the company at the beginning of 2014, is to launch its own distribution outfit, 7A Media, a Miami-based company dedicated to content development and international sales.

According to Díaz, talking to Prensario Internacional, the new company will initially focus on Latin America and then expand into the international market.

"In my professional career I have had many opportunities and moments to share with many global customers," said Diaz, who is a veteran executive with over 40 year experience within various TV companies in Latin America. "Many of these clients have become friends and that is why this transition is very special to me."

The new distributor will also play a consultant role for international companies interested in the Latin American region and regional producers aiming to increase their international presence.

Content for over-the-top (OTT) and video-on-demand (VOD) platforms will also be a focus for 7A Media, which aims to become part of Latin America's pay-TV industry operating from its core, Miami.