UK-based pay-TV broadcaster Sky has increased its stake in its German subsidiary Sky Deutschland to more than 95%, enabling it to take the company off the stock market.

Sky’s stake in Sky Deutschland now amounts to 95.8%. The remaining 4.2% are in free float at the Frankfurt stock exchange.

To delist the company, Sky is now free to squeeze out the minority shareholders in accordance with German stock market rules. The company has not yet officially stated whether it plans such as move, although it is widely expected among analysts.