Ann Curry to work with NBCUniversal on OTT show

DetailsMichelle Clancy | 15 January 2015

Leading US news anchor and correspondent Ann Curry has announced that she is working with NBCUniversal on a digital media start-up that could include online or over-the-top (OTT) content from NBC properties.

The reporting and content venture will be seeded by NBCUniversal, and will focus on incubating and producing content for a multi-platform distribution approach.

"This is about reaching for the edge of the future in journalism, which we know is undergoing an irrevocable transition. I am excited about working to become a valuable link between traditional media and what is to come," Curry said.

"In today's world of fragmented media, this is the time to seize the opportunity to improve the way we distribute and even tell stories. I want to expand my drive to give voice to the voiceless to emerging platforms and produce both scripted and non-scripted content, in addition to continuing to report on-air about stories that matter."

Curry has appeared as both an anchor and a correspondent on NBC News for nearly 25 years, with journalism on climate change, Darfur, US relations with Iran and American military veterans.

"We're proud to support Ann in her new venture, and we look forward to more of her exceptional storytelling," said Pat Fili-Krushel, chairman at NBCUniversal News Group. "She is committed to uncovering critical issues, humanising them, and ultimately helping viewers understand and connect."