YouTube analytics firm Tubular reels in ReelSEO

DetailsEditor | 15 January 2015

The buying spree in online video continues apace with news that online video business intelligence firm Tubular Labs has acquired video marketers' guide is claimed to be the world's leading resource for analysis, tips and trends for the online video and Internet marketing industries. It offers expert advice, guidance, and commentary about the world of online video in an effort to guide Internet marketers and video content producers towards best practices and online video services that suit their needs.

The company will immediately become an integral part of the Tubular Labs intelligence network, focusing on delivering strategic insights, critical data, tactical advice, and trends in the digital video marketing business. For its part, Tubular Labs' mission is to empower video creators and marketers with actionable intelligence to crack the digital video code and win across all platforms.

ReelSEO will be incorporated into Tubular Labs' suite of services as a free resource with its publisher Mark Robertson joining Tubular Labs as head of advanced video practices, overseeing all editorial and research related to video marketing.

"When I transitioned into online video five years ago, I educated myself on the industry by reading ReelSEO. It is still a must-read for me and the 250,000 unique visitors every month," said Tubular Labs CEO Rob Gabel. "Both Tubular Labs and ReelSEO believe you shouldn't fly blind in the future of video. So together, we aim to create the most comprehensive and valuable video content and technology available. ReelSEO is a tremendous asset to add to that arsenal and will focus on what it takes for video marketers to be successful and sharing that knowledge with our customers."