LAMAC appoints new country manager for Chile

DetailsJuan Fernandez Gonzalez | 07 April 2015

The Latin American Multichannel Advertising Council (LAMAC) has announced the appointment of María Paz Figueroa as the new country manager for Chile.

lamacchileFigueroa has 25 years experience in advertising and media industry, developing several management positions in the Chilean media companies such as Diario La Hora, Sub TV and Red Televisiva Megavisión, and will now lead the pay-TV advertising business for LAMAC in the Andean territory

"Figueroa is well known within the industry for her capacity for business development and leadership, qualities that make her the ideal executive to work hand-in-hand with advertisers and agencies," said Gary McBride, president and CEO at LAMAC.

"Chile provides interesting challenges at this moment," added McBride. "Ad investments dropped during 2014 and we firmly believe this is an opportunity to show how pay-TV can positively affect the media business."

"Joining LAMAC is a decision based on my personal interest to join the modernisation of the advertising industry, for which pay-TV is an essential player," explained Figueroa. "The projects LAMAC has for the Chilean market, aiming to automate planning and post-buy processes, made me believe I could contribute my knowledge to transform Chile into a model country."