FremantleMedia closes format sales across LATAM

DetailsJuan Fernandez Gonzalez | 12 May 2015

Coinciding with the start of LA Screenings in Los Angeles, FremantleMedia International (FMI) has announced sales of the company's hit global formats to Latin America, along with additional programming deals for both linear TV and digital platforms.

fremantlemediala"Latin buyers believe in the value of our catalogue," said Sheila Aguirre, executive VP for content distribution and format sales in Latin America, Caribbean and Hispanic US at FremantleMedia International. "We are seeing continued growth in linear and digital sales, for tapes and formats across the region. This year, we are bringing to the Screenings some of our best ever scripted drama, lifestyle and comedies to date. Following last month's MIP-TV, we have closed numerous deals."

Entering its tenth season, America's Got Talent has remained the No 1 summer show with regard to total viewers for nine consecutive years throughout the US. Season ten is set to premiere this summer pan-regionally on Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America.

The X Factor will continue to have a presence throughout the region as Sony Pictures Television Networks in Latin America is set to broadcast season 12 of The X Factor UK.

Globosat in Brazil will be carrying a host of FMI programming in the coming months. The broadcaster has taken the first seasons of Jerks With Cameras, Made in Italy with Silvia Colloca, Lorraine Pascal: How To Be A Better Cook, and The World's Best Diets.

Discovery Networks Latin America will be taking I Am Evel Knievel, as well as I Am Steve McQueen, both to air on Discovery Turbo.

FMI has also sold the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) rights for an extensive package to América Móvil's DLA, including the comedies Holy Flying Circus, Wedding Band, Web Therapy, Battleground and The IT Crowd; family entertainment series such as Grojband and My Babysitter's A Vampire; along with dramas like Exile, Merlin, The Crimson Petal and White.