Saurabh Dhoot steps up to Videocon d2h executive chairman

DetailsRebecca Hawkes | 14 May 2015

Saurabh Dhoot has been promoted to executive chairman of India's Videocon d2h, the direct-to-home satellite TV arm of the Videocon conglomerate owned by his family.

In the newly created position, Dhoot will be responsible for the company's brand and business model, as well as its operation and strategic direction.

Dhoot, who holds an engineering degree from London's Imperial College, joined Videocon d2h at its inception in 2009, serving as executive director.

Videocon d2h now claims to be the second largest DTH service in India and the first to launch a 4K Ultra HD channel in the country.

"I take great pride in all the success we've enjoyed at Videocon d2h, and I feel even more excited about what our terrific team and I will accomplish going forward," said Saurabh Dhoot.

"With 100 million homes expected to be digitalised in the next five years, Videocon d2h will play a leading role in the 'Digital India' campaign. We will continue to bring unique content, new mediums of delivery and innovative services to our consumers. With our new capital infusion from the US, it is time to begin the next wave of exciting growth and expansion."

Videocon d2h made its debut on NASDAQ in April 2015.

Jeff Sagansky of the Silver Eagle Acquisition Corp, which engineered the company's American IPO, said: "Videocon d2h is poised for growth, whether launching new dedicated channels and services or increasing the level of advertising revenues. Under Saurabh's guidance, the company is well positioned to maintain and expand its commanding market share."