Iris Xia becomes deputy GM of Star China

DetailsRebecca Hawkes | 16 July 2015

Chinese broadcast and production group Star China Media has appointed Iris Xia as its deputy general manager, replacing Vivian Yin who has joined FremantleMedia China as CEO.

Star China has adapted international formats for local audiences, including The Voice of China, So You Think You Can Dance, and South Korea's Infinite Challenge. It has also exported China's first native talent show format Sing My Song, which is now being distributed globally by ITV Studios.

"I am very pleased to announce that Iris Xia will take over as the GM of Star's global division. Xia has been a long-time, dedicated production and programming team member. Our company has enjoyed being at the top of the ratings with The Voice of China and several other international formats," said Tian Ming, CEO, Star China Media.

"Last year we ventured outside China with our own original format and I am confident Iris will bring Star to the next level both within, and outside of, China."

Iris Xia has spent the past 11 years with Star TV Group and Star China Media, in charge of media content global sourcing, programming, channel operations and original programme development.

"It is with great excitement that I accept this new position at Star China. I am honoured that our CEO, Ming, has placed his trust in me to handle this very important role and I look forward to delivering his vision to the world. We have a great team of creative producers and dedicated staff at Star, along with fantastic programming to promote. I look forward to expanding on the already-established successes we have earned," said Xia.
Xia worked as a producer and director for Shanghai Media Group before joining Star China.