Uma Thurman, Kuato team for educational games

DetailsMichelle Clancy | 19 July 2015

Hollywood actress Uma Thurman and Kuato Studios are teaming up to launch two educational games: Dino Tales and Safari Tales.

Both are educational video games designed to strengthen literacy, reasoning and enquiry skills - in and beyond the classroom on a number of platforms.

"Having three children of my own, literacy is of the utmost importance to me in their education. I have seen just how much technology is progressing in this area and how it is becoming more and more important in their everyday lives," said Thurman of the partnership.

"I am really impressed by the work that Kuato Studios is doing. They are making innovative and exciting games that kids want to play and that I, as a parent, want them to play too. I am so happy to support and help spread this message in raising awareness for how technology can play a valuable role in the future of our children's education."

Kuato Studios North America has also partnered with Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the largest children's literacy non-profit organisation in the US.

"As game creators and educators, Kuato Studios' goal is guilt-free gaming. Through Safari Tales and Dino Tales our aim is to enhance literacy and learning by harnessing the power of engagement that comes with playing great games," said Kris Turvey, creative director at Kuato Studios.

"We wanted to celebrate in the only way we know how through real engagement and learning with a special interactive evening of adventure for kids.