Iflix reaches 100,000 VOD subscribers in Malaysia, Philippines

DetailsRebecca Hawkes | 24 July 2015

Southeast Asian online streaming service iflix has activated over 100,000 subscribers streaming over half an hour of content during its first two months of operation in Malaysia and the Philippines.

The subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service which offers international, pan-Asian and local content has recently concluded deals with Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros, MGM, Fox Studios, BBC, STARZ and Primeworks.

The Big Bang Theory, Arrow, American Horror Story, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Vampire Diaries and Sherlock are among the TV series available, along with the latest seasons of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Scandal, Once Upon a Time, and Conan.

Korean drama is represented with K-hits Boys Over Flowers, Secret Garden and My Sassy Girl, and children catered for with Adventure Time, Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Ben 10.

Films include box sets of The Godfather, Matrix and Lord of the Rings.

"We're thrilled that we've surpassed 100,000 subscribers since launching at the end of May. We remain focused on delivering an outstanding value proposition for our users by adding new content and new features in the coming year and look forward to continuing to smash our internal targets in the years ahead," said Mark Britt, group CEO, iflix.

Backed by Malaysia's Catcha Group and Evolution Media Capital, iflix plans to roll out its SVOD service to Thailand and Indonesia this year.