Thread: no signal issue

no signal issue

good morning, let bme start by saying that I am a well experienced satellite installer... 20 years in the biz so I understand the fundamentals of the deal quite well. having said that I have an " issue " with a couple of older fta boxesthat I would appreciate a bit of help with. I have a sonicview ultra and a coolsat 6100 left over from the heyday of the fta era that I still use as tools to acquire signal on new installations. I have the usual meters and all but these old boxes are just so sensitive and responsive that they made finding the sats quite quick and easy... right up until about 6 months ago or so. suddenly neither box will acquire any signal quality to indicate a lock regardless of basic input settings and by that I mean the lnb type , transponder freq etc etc. within my eco system, nothing has changed to cause this... same dishes as always , same lnbs as always ( dishpro singles ) ... same everything that always worked fine. the boxes light up, the signal indicators get live, the gain rises and fall as the signal is stronger or weaker to indicate that the box is seeing something but there is never any signal quality or lock. when I put the boxes on existing fully functional systems with monster signal, I see the same result. I really like these boxes as tools and would like to sort the issue. my feeling is that since I haven't done a firmware update of any sort for what must be 8 years now or so, maybe something has changed in that regard. so... can I still get " bin" files for these or firmware upgrades ? not looking to decode anything at all... just get these things to recognize simple signals again on 119,110 and 61.5 . any ideas ?

steve

Uploads

Re: no signal issue

Hello
    I do not think of a problem of updating that will give you the signal to your two dinosaurs box!
    I think more towards a problem of tuner can be who has jumped!
    You could verify all this by eliminating step by step everything that could give this problem!
    Has you to test ...

Uploads

Hi I dont think firmware updates will make any difference to the signals issue because if signals were being picked up before then they should still be picked up.. If the boxes are old type SD then you may have a problem picking up HD signals. Also i find it strange that both boxes dont work.i would double check the settings etc for the type of frequencies you are looking for. and make sure that LNB/cables are not faulty.....Regards

you can safely assume that I have done everything there is to do to my dinosaurs as far as settings go and I reaffirm that the system hardware is the same as it has always been... simple single dishes using dishpro lnbs and no switching. ... that's why this is so strange. if it was just one box/one manufacturer I would say " gee" the poor old guy has died " but the fact that it is both says its a soft6ware problem of some sort. all aspects of the boxes work fine EXCEPT the signal quality ... so back to the original question... while you may be right that a firmware update may do nothing at all its the only untried option.... forget about global warming... save my dinosaurs... where can I get an update for either or both ?

Uploads

Hi If possible try a family or friends box and see if you get a signal..this will tell you if its a signal issue or box issue...like i said i find it strange that both boxes have died at the same time.. very sinister.... Regards