Thread: LNB or Diseqc weird problem : my box seems to catch same channels on both port

Uploads

LNB or Diseqc weird problem : my box seems to catch same channels on both port

Hello everyone,

I'm posting today because I really don't understand what's happening with my installation... Let me sum up :

I have 1 Triax SAT, with 2 twin LNB (2 outs), one is pointing to 19.2E, the other on 28.5E.
    I have 2 diseqc 2x1 STRONG labeled compatible with Diseqc 1.1.
    Each diseqc have in LNB A >> 19.2E entry and for LNB B >> 28.5E
    Each diseqc goes to a VU+ Zero box.
    This is something like photo below :

10-5-inkoppling-exempel.jpg

Now my problem is :

I can watch freely on both receiver all the channels from 19.2E, so from port A.
    BUT, i cannot watch channels from 28.2E on both receiver. If i remove the power supply from my second receiver, i can watch and zap from 19.2 to 28.5 channels with no problem from receiver 1.
    Same thing if I remove power supply from receiver 1, i can watch on receiver 2 both channels.

Now in normal condition, with both receiver ON, the second receiver refuse to open a 28.5 channel (signal to 0%). From the receiver 1, i can open a channel, but if i open a 19.2 channel, and come back to 28.5 channel (zap), the signal will be 0%... Need to restart the receiver then it will work.

I made a scan test on my second receiver, and surprisly, when i scan 28.5 SAT (Port B), I can recognize 19.2E channels from the search result. That is very weird !

So for the moment i removed the coaxial that goes from Diseqc 2 to my receiver 2, otherwise it creates a lot of problem even on my receiver 1.

I don't know if you understand me correctly, but hope that someone can help me out for this.

PS: Something i noticed, is that on the coaxial wire that goes to my first receiver, on the connector F, there is no gasket... i can see it on other connectors. Is it problematic ?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Uploads

Re: LNB or Diseqc weird problem : my box seems to catch same channels on both port

Hi..it seems to me that you have the settings incorrect thats why when you scan 28.2 east you are actually scanning 19.2. i would personally start with one receiver and connect the first switch to your two satellites using port a and b. Then check in the receiver setting for disecq that the two signals are being received. When checking for signals make sure you have correct frequency for the satellitesIf ok then setup the second receiver...to be honest setting up a disecq switch should be fairly easy..make sure cables from the LNB are working correctly. The diagram you have posted seems correct to me..its just a question of setting the receivers correctly. Regards

Uploads

Re: LNB or Diseqc weird problem : my box seems to catch same channels on both port

Hello KARABANGA,

Thanks for your reply.
    I already tried what you are saying, and when connecting the first receiver or the second one to any of the diseqc switch alone it's working fine.
    In fact it's an installation for 2 years now... Some months ago it has stopped working, i noticed that one coaxial that was connected between a diseqc and the 2nd LNB was disconnected... I did not reconnect the wire because it was full of water so I changed the coaxial, lnb and diseqc but i'm now facing the issue i described in my early post.
    Both receiver are set up with "Simple" setting LNB A/LNB B, associated to the right satellite. Setting seems to be ok :)

Uploads

Hi I dont understand what the problem is..you are saying that both switches work in both receivers . Which satellites are you connected to as the diagram says 5 east and 1 west but you mention 19.2 east and 28 east. have you tried to use Diseqc 1.0 protocol instead of 1.1. You mention the fact that either switch is working fine in both receivers..so what is the problem..The switches need to work alone and are not connected to each other..ie switch 1 to receiver 1 and switch 2 to receiver 2. Like i said you need to setup the first switch to your first receiver and then second switch to your second receiver....It does not make sense to tell us that both switches work in either receiver and then tell us you have a problem when there should not be one...Regards.