Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TM-5402 HD M3 CI Super +

Uploads

TM-5402 HD M3 CI Super +

On the above STB...In the Installation Menu...Motorised Setting...Pressing the remote's yellow button there appears 6 Options at the bottom of the screen. One is marked as Sat finder...another is green H/V. My question, that no one has been able to answer on other sites is "How to work it ?"

Sensible answers please...if you don't know, don't guess.

Uploads

Re: TM-5402 HD M3 CI Super +

Hi..If you have a motor then those options dont apply. You need to go to satellites settings and save the satellites you wish to find. The satellites will be put into the motor menu and then you can search for them using the automatic USALS option or the manual search and store option called 1.2. For USALS you will need to enter your location co-ordinates known as latitude and longitude. You should find plenty of info on the web to help you. Regards

Uploads

Many thanks for your advice Karabanga. I have a motorised system and I do manual scans for satellites as I have done for 30 years...BUT on the TM-5042 in the Motorised Setting there are 6 options to find, or finely tune, a week signal. No one so far, has been able to clarify how these options work. I've entered this question to Technomate and into Google but only get gobbledegook replies....nothing specific.

Uploads

Has no one come across the 6 options on the Motorised Settings of the TM-5402 ? Strange, it's there, but no info on how it operates in the manual, or from the thousands of TM users.

Uploads

Hi I have a TM5402 MK2 ...i dont have those options..the reason they are not in the manual may be because you have patched the box and does not have original settings..from my experience with TM boxes ( i go back to the days of the TM1500) the manuals were very good. Problem is when you modify the boxes you alter the way it operates and cannot rely on the manual. Can you send a photo of the 6 options and see if we can work out what they are meant to do. Regards

Uploads

Hi Karabanga, Yes, I remember the TM1500 CI, in fact I've recently sold 2 of these analogue STB's on eBay. I upgraded my whole satellite system to Smart TV and the TM-5402HD M3 CI Super+ so I'm a happy chappie...but the purpose of Spectrum Mode has eluded me. I can move the dish east or west, change from H to V...but I'm not sure what I'm doing, other than tweaking for the strongest signal....somehow !!
    Regards from Freddie.1.jpg.jpg2.jpg.jpg3.jpg.jpg

Uploads

Hi Freddie...thanks for the photos..i see what you mean now.. Never knew there was a spectrum mode in the 5402...I have the MK2 model..i check later to see if i have this spectrum mode...i notice that youre using the 1.2 motor method to find and store the satellites..how many satellites do you get?? why not use USALS (the automatic search) like i do....i prefer USALS because its easy to find satellites as its quite accurate and less time consuming... Regards

Uploads

Hi Karabanga,
    Yes, I've away's used the 1.2 DiSEqC system...old habits die hard. I think it's the 'chase' I like...pick a transponder from Kingofsat then track it down. I may give USALS a try if you say it's easy and accurate. My arc is 50' east to 45.2 west...and I've logged 30 satellites so far. I'm still working on the west as it's changed so much in the last ten years. I use my sat system much more in the cold wet days of winter...summer is too precious to waste.
    Cheers.......Freddie.

Uploads

Hi Freddie..yes i do understand about old habits..i been involved with satellites from the early days of the 1980's..its been an incredible journey from the simple and basic systems to the latest technical advances of today. I can understand why people like yourself prefer using 1.2 instead of USALS...as you probably know the difference between the two is the time it takes to track the satellites..With USALS the sats are automatically tracked and stored...with 1.2 you have to find the satellites and store them. I have installed many motors over the years and find it amazing how accurate the motors are in tracking the satellites etc... Regards.

Uploads

Nostalgia eh !! Remember D2Mac...Pace STB's...also BSkyB and 'squareials'. I've made 'line of sight' gadgets out of two pieces of wood to make sure my dish can "see" the sat. Great times...and as you say, the technology now is far superior to what it was...but it's all a learning curve I'm still enjoying. I can remember Hotbird ten years ago having a package {no name mentioned} similar to Sky...but in German. Kingofsat would have all the PID's to change German to English. Unfortunately most worthwhile packages are now scrambled...but it was good fun using various methods for "experimental purposes only".
    Freddie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast