Thread: DVB-S Software with Linux

Uploads

DVB-S Software with Linux

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some DVB-S software which I can use with Linux. Currently, I'm using Kafeine for Ubuntu.

But which software supportet the generel plug'ins, for example s2emu and/or vplug ?

Can anyone help me ?

Uploads

Re: DVB-S Software with Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Franzis View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some DVB-S software which I can use with Linux. Currently, I'm using Kafeine for Ubuntu.

But which software supportet the generel plug'ins, for example s2emu and/or vplug ?

Can anyone help me ?
    vplug and other emulator is optimezed for windows,can't work with linux....

try mythtv but I'am sur that' pugin can't works

http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/media_center#mythtv

Uploads

I have a news for you ^^

http://rdk.homeip.net/kaffeinesc/kaffeinesc/trunk/

Code:
    - added "BISS" as ConstantCW 
    - Added new CA systems
    - Added Nagra3 function (not working yet) working with cardserver/newcamd only
    - PowerVU CA system is now found 
    - TPS fix 04-02-2008
    - Added unaligned.h defines directly (refer to README)
    - Added CW system to all channels (refer to README to set keys)

or for VDR
    http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/
    http://vdr.bluox.org/vdr-sc.htm

Try it and tell us if it's work ^^

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Uploads

I am trying to use windows software in linux (mandriva) installed with Crossover (it is a software like Wine. It allows to use windows software in linux and mac). Progdvb is installed but doesn't work (I think it looks for SS2 driver ...) I wish to try with dvbdream or other.
    If I have good news I will post
    glimmung

VIP Member
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: DVB-S Software with Linux

I've been useing a program calles Mythbuntu Mythtv based Ubuntu-Live CD Distro.
    And well it's a mixed bag at the moment.

OTOH: it works beautiful with my KNC1 DVB-C Card right out of the box ~virtually~, the "trick" is building the sasc-ng / dvbloopback.ko modules (Needed just to set the SoftCam.Key IN THE FIRST PLACE!).

Yep it's a real b*tch if you a noob, sadly it took me almost Four Months to work this one out.

But, really all the info you'd need to install this is over @ h**ps://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/sascng

Once you'd figure out the Conversions used there (ya might as well get used to it!! ), Ya should be able to get thes into place.
    As an 'ol pro myself I can go from 0 to 60 in about 90 Minutes to just shy of 2 hours depending, and a solid Broadband connection is a MUST!

The real B*TCH stats when you want to configure your Channels, theres no simple way to do it save by hand through phpmyadmin, or so I've found.

AND THE REAL B*TCHY THING!! My Twinhan 1041 (DVB-2 CI) Mantis Chip seems to be unsupported at the moment.

But, all in all I still find Mythtv to be Lightyraes ahead of Micosofts MCE and less of a PITA as all those ~other~ Windows based DVB Apps.

P.s. Oh yeah I almost forgot to add (in fact I did ), was to tell you not to hold out much hope for Wine or Crossover Orifice, they ~might~ be good for OGL Games and of course M$ Office, but, lets see iTunes or perhaps even CAS Studio 8.3a working under it... Nagghhh sorry it's not really goana happen anytime soon I think.

Best bet is to give Mythbuntu a try, and see if you can get it working, if you can I'd doubt you'll ever use Windows again (ok unless your still a PC DXx Gamer). I'm not and so only hang on to XP for the CAS Studio Program to keep my CAMs updated.
    Otherwise I'd forget about going down this route, and yes like I said it was (and still is), a Long Hard Road!!

Uploads

try plugin that I post