Cole fired up for final

Joe Cole believes victory in the Carling Cup final could set Chelsea on their way to more trophies this season.

Cole is desperate to be involved after injury kept him out of last season's final against Arsenal, while he is also particularly excited that Tottenham are Chelsea's opponents.

The midfielder played no part in the FA Cup match against Spurs last season that ended 3-3, and also had to watch on as Chelsea won the replay.

He expects the final at Wembley to be fiercely contested, but he is also anticipating plenty of goalmouth action.

"I expect it will be heated," said Cole. "Ever since I was a kid there has been a tense rivalry between the two clubs

"I'm really excited about the game. I missed the last two through injury and I missed the Carling Cup final as well so I'm desperate to be involved.

Bragging rights

"It's a big game at any level but a cup final just increases it that much more. Whoever wins this one will have the bragging rights for some time to come.

"It promises to be entertaining but there will be an edge to it, that's for sure."

Chelsea have made it through to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League, while they are also still in contention for the Premier League title.

But Cole insists Chelsea will be completely focused on the task in hand on Sunday as they aim for their first piece of silverware this season.

"If we could win this one it could set us up for the other trophies," he urged.

"There are only four you can win so it would be nice to get one under our belts.

"You have to try and win every one and we won't need any incentives to come out on top in this one."