Grant's concern for Cole

Chelsea manager Avram Grant admits he has been concerned about Ashley Cole following the defender's recent off-field issues.

Reports have claimed that Cole will be left out of Chelsea's side in favour of Wayne Bridge for Sunday's Carling Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur.

Grant concedes that the full-back's problems off the pitch have prompted him to take some big decisions regarding the player.

"I cannot say that in his difficult days in the beginning I didn't think about his situation," said Grant in The Sun.

"I took some decisions that were good for Ashley."

Not easy

The Chelsea manager has several other selection dilemmas for the Wembley final, with John Terry and Frank Lampard sweating on their place in the team.

The duo were on the bench for the UEFA Champions League draw with Olympiakos in midweek and Grant has no qualms in making tough decisions.

He added: "This is my job. I need to take these decisions and I will take them.

"Players are not com****rs, you need to respect them, but in the other end you need to take decisions that are good for the club.

"When you have big players in a team like Chelsea it is always not an easy decision, it was not easy on Tuesday, but it was also not a good situation when they were out, it was a worse situation, so always there is situations that are not easy.

"This is my life, I like it, and it will be the same in the next three months."