Massa: Ferrari on track

Last updated: 23rd February 2008

Felipe Massa isn't too fazed about being outpaced by the McLarens during this week's testing at the Barcelona circuit.
Although in the build-up to the Barcelona test Ferrari were billed as the team to beat this season, McLaren appeared to move slightly ahead in Spain.

However, Massa reckons Ferrari have little to worry about as the Scuderia are well on track for the start of the new season.
"There's nothing to say," he told Autosport when asked about McLaren's apparent improvement.

"We've finished our program, we've done what we wanted.
"In the end, lap times are important but they aren't the most important thing.
Future development

"We are behind by a few thousandths, so we have things to improve on the car, and things to develop for the future.
"As I said, we are where we wanted to be, but we can't give up and we must carry on working."

The Brazilian was also asked for his thoughts on Fernando Alonso's recent comments about Renault being too far off the pace to achieve podium finishes never mind race wins.
Massa, though, is more interested in how Ferrari are doing than he is in Renault's progress.

"I don't know. If he says so... He is the one driving the car. I am happy about my car," he said. "I think we are doing a good job.
"I don't know if we are first, second or third, but I think we are heading in the right direction."