Terry hopes rivals slip-up

John Terry is confident Chelsea remain in a 'very good position' in the title race following the 4-0 victory over West Ham United.

The Blues sit seven points behind Arsenal, but have a game in hand and still have to play the leaders and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge.

And the Chelsea skipper is waiting for the top two to slip up in the hope that the two-time Premier League champions can pounce.

"I think it leaves us in a very good position behind the two above us and we are slowly catching them," Terry told Sky Sports regarding the Upton Park win.

"As I said to the boys after the game, all we can do is keep winning, keep picking up our three points and slowly catching them.

"Hopefully, one day Man United will slip up, Arsenal slipped up today and all we can do is keep doing our job.

"If we do that, hopefully the others will slip up and we'll overtake them."

Lampard disappointed

Terry is also hoping that the Football Association will overturn Frank Lampard's red card against West Ham after the midfielder was dismissed for kicking out at Luis Boa Morte.

The centre-half, who does not blame referee Peter Walton for the decision, added: "Frank's obviously a little disappointed with that, but we managed to go on and get the three points for him and for Chelsea.

"Peter Walton's a very good referee and I spoke to him after the game and he is going to have a look at that.

"That's all he can do as a referee and if he does that, from a Chelsea point of view, that's great.

"The linesman has made the decision, so the referee and the FA can have a look at that and hopefully it will prove it wasn't a sending off."