Xavi up for Celtic challenge

Barcelona midfielder Xavi has spoken exclusively to skysports.com ahead of their UEFA Champions League clash with Celtic.

Barca take a 3-2 lead into the second leg of their last 16 clash with Celtic at Camp Nou - a game you can see live on Sky Sports.

Xavi is in a rich vein of form with four goals in his last seven games and the Spanish international admits he is playing well.

"Personally I am doing well with my goals and I hope I can follow this up with more to help the team, it is not really my job in the team to score but I always try," he told skysports.com.

"In the last few weeks I have scored some important goals in Liga and the Copa but the important question is the success for Barca.

"Perhaps we are playing the best we have all season and it is still possible for us to win three competitions (Champions League, La Liga & Copa del Rey) and that is not easy for any club and more so in Spain."

Celtic test

Xavi, though, is insistent that the Azulgrana will not be underestimating Celtic.

"For us the return match against Celtic is very important," he continued.

"The tie has not been won, although we did get a big result in Glasgow.

"The 3-2 in Glasgow has meant we can go into the game calmly but knowing that what we have done is not already sufficient.

"Nobody wants to suffer a shock and it is necessary that we go on the field with top concentration from the first minute.

"We know the Scottish systems with their defensive ideas and playing on the counter-attack - but I ignore the normal Celtic plan for this match.

"A draw is no good for them and they also want goals. We need to go through, to go out in this round after the match in Glasgow would be our biggest failure in years.

"We have recaptured our magic recently and a team with Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry and Eto'o has been created for the spectacular and that is our challenge when we face Celtic."