Fergie doesn't fear draw

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is unconcerned about the possibility of being drawn against English opposition in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

Ferguson's side booked their place in the last eight of the competition with Cristiano Ronaldo's goal at Old Trafford proving decisive as they secured a 2-1 aggregate triumph over Lyon.

Premier League rivals Arsenal also progressed with a memorable success at Milan, while Chelsea and Liverpool look set to qualify with both sides claiming sound first-leg results.

If Chelsea and Liverpool also advance then there will be four Premier League sides in the last eight, meaning an all-English clash is possible.

But Ferguson is unfazed about meeting a league rival, and is expecting a tough draw no matter which side United face.

"I expect Chelsea to get through and if Liverpool do too it's a 40 per cent chance of getting an English team.

"I don't think it matters who you play - they are all difficult games.

"That's why the quarter-finals throw up good teams and the important thing is to be there ourselves."

Perrin verdict

Meanwhile, Lyon manager Alain Perrin has conceded that United deserved their victory over the two legs.

He said: "You cannot argue with the fact that Manchester United deserved to go through over the two legs, even if our effort perhaps deserved more than we got.

"I think the late goal in the first leg influenced this match and we have one or two regrets from this game.

"We tried to get out of our half more but often but the pressing game that United do was a great danger for us and made it very difficult."