Wenger hails 'complete' display

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hailed a fantastic team performance after seeing his young Gunners make history in Milan.

The defending European champions suffered defeat against English opponents at the San Siro for the first time after conceding two late goals.

Cesc Fabregas capped a superb personal display by opening the score with a long-range drive that put the visitors deservedly ahead.

However Wenger - who saw Emmanuel Adebayor secure the win with a straightforward second in injury time - felt the whole team deserved praise.

"He (Fabregas) was outstanding, but tonight it is very difficult to single one out," he told Sky Sports News.

"I believe the whole team defended well and attacked well, it was a complete team performance.

"Of course I'm very, very happy tonight. I'm very proud of our performance, we were under pressure to score goals."

Wenger also believes Arsenal can build on their tremendous European display to go on and win the UEFA Champions League.

The Gunners, who has failed to win in their previous four outings in all competitions, could face English opponents in the last eight.

"We will try, that is all we can do," the Frenchman added.

"I believe we can, let's go for it and continue to have that kind of determined attitude."