Carragher wary of Inter

Reds star determined to reach last eight

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has admitted the success of the other Premier League sides in the Champions League has put pressure on the Reds to make the quarter-finals.

Carragher, who is in line to make his 100th European appearance for Liverpool against Internazionale next week, is determined to join Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea in the last eight.

Liverpool are well-placed to qualify for the quarter-finals after their first-leg 2-0 win over Inter, but Carragher insists the tie is far from over ahead of the trip to the San Siro on Tuesday.

"There is pressure on us with the other English teams getting through and it's definitely not over," said Carragher.

"I thought they played quite well at Anfield but I've heard they thought they were poor, so God knows what they will be like if that's the case.

"I think we have to be looking for an away goal to kill them off. Obviously, we can't go all guns blazing but we have to be positive."

Fitness boost
Meanwhile, Reds boss Rafa Benitez is hopeful Javier Mascherano will be fit in time to return against Inter.

The Argentine missed Saturday's 3-0 win over Newcastle through injury, but Benitez is confident the midfielder will be able to make the trip to Italy.

"I have confidence that Mascherano will be ok, but it is too soon to say," said Benitez.