Diarra keen to finish cup job

Watch the FA Cup draw live on Sky Sports News from 1.25pm

Lassana Diarra believes that Portsmouth's FA Cup victory over Manchester United will count for nothing unless they go on to lift the trophy.

Pompey shocked Old Trafford on Saturday by grinding out a 1-0 win to book their place in the semi-finals and are now the only surviving Premier League side left in the competition.

Harry Redknapp's side are unlikely to be presented with a better opportunity to get their hands on the historic trophy, and French midfielder Diarra has warned his team-mates not to get complacent in their quest for glory.

Famous victory

"I don't want to talk about it being one of my most memorable wins," he said.

"Let's speak about this if we have won the competition. I don't want to go to Wembley and lose.

"I'm very happy and proud and it is good to beat United, but we have to stay focused and make sure we win the competition now.

"Of course we can win the FA Cup. If we can beat Manchester United, we can win the competition.

"It would be a waste of this famous victory if we didn't go and reach the final and lift the trophy. We must finish the job."

Feeling comfortable

Diarra has been an instant hit at Fratton Park following his January arrival from Arsenal, but insists that he can only get better once he has fully settled into life on the South Coast.

"I'm very happy to be here," he said.

"I'm playing every week now and I'm enjoying my football.

"I can get better of course. The best is yet to come from me.

"I feel very comfortable on the field and that is largely down to the manager who gives me confidence.

"Everyone at Portsmouth has tried to help me settle in and that is why I feel so comfortable out on the pitch."