Mowbray demands results

Watch the FA Cup semi-final draw live on Sky Sports News

Tony Mowbray has told his West Brom side that only results matter between now and the end of the season.

The Baggies are through to the semi-finals of the FA Cup after a 5-1 victory over Bristol Rovers and are also well placed to secure promotion to the Premier League.

Mowbray's men earned many plaudits for their style of play as they topped the Championship table earlier in the season, but they have slipped to fourth in recent weeks.

And The Hawthorns boss will be happy to sacrifice flowing football if it leads to promotion and unexpected cup glory, with Portsmouth the only top-flight side remaining in the competition.

Mowbray told
The Daily Star
: "I think we have got to start playing effective football now.

"In my own mind, I've got to the point of trying to make sure we win matches and be less concerned about how we do it.

"I don't want to have the tag of being the best team in the Championship again and not getting anything out of it.

"Any of the four teams that are left will fancy their chances of going on to win the competition, but I'm sitting here and just trying to forget about it because we've got to turn our thoughts immediately to playing Crystal Palace on Wednesday."

And Mowbray has challenged striker Ishmael Miller, who hit a hat-trick against Rovers, to produce similar displays on a more consistent basis.

He added: "We've been trying to get his work-rate up. If he puts himself about like that every week, he won't be far off being a very top player.

"I would not have liked to have played against him with his power, strength and technical ability."