Grant - No Chelsea crisis

Blues boss plays down crisis talk

Avram Grant is confident his side can bounce back from their shock FA Cup defeat to Barnsley with a strong finish to the Premier League season.

Chelsea host basement boys Derby County at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday as they look to slash the gap between themselves and leaders Arsenal to five points.

After a double dose of cup agony in recent weeks Grant has refuted claims of any crisis at the club, but admitted his players have been left hurt and disappointed by the defeats to the Tykes and Spurs in the Carling Cup final.

"I know that at Chelsea, like a lot of big clubs, every loss is a crisis but it's not like that," Grant told Sky Sports News.

"We're a big club. We know how to behave after winning and after losing games.

"We are very disappointed to have lost on Saturday, even if we're in good company with the other clubs in the Premier League who have gone out.

"I'm not under any more pressure than I was before, and I'm not under any less - any loss at Chelsea is like a World War."

The 52-year-old coach is determined to win his first trophy in England before the end of the season, but believes the Blues need to re-discover their consistency to stand a realistic chance of league or European glory.

"I want to win a trophy this season," Grant said. The pressure to win trophies is better than the pressure at the bottom of the league.

"We need to be more consistent, but sometimes, when you change to a different style of football there are problems in the way.

"I never enjoy losing but I still enjoy this pressure."

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was rumoured to have been 'incensed' by the FA Cup exit at Oakwell, and the former Israel boss admitted the Russian billionaire was as hurt by the defeat as everyone else at the club.

"He was disappointed - like all of us," said Grant.

"A big club doesn't change targets because it lost matches or won nine games in a row.

"We share the same vision. I came here to take this team forward and that's what I'm going to do.

"Roman is a very strong guy. He doesn't change his mind if he loses a game or if we win a game."