Evra has no fear of Arsenal

United defender would be happy to face Gunners

Patrice Evra would be happy to see Manchester United paired with Arsenal in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals.

The Gunners produced an outstanding display to dump holders Milan out of the competition with a 2-0 win at the San Siro and go into Friday's draw alongside United and fellow Premier League sides Liverpool and Chelsea.

French full-back Evra, who reached the final with Monaco in 2004, claims a meeting with Arsene Wenger's side would hold no fears.

The two teams are also locked in a battle for the Premier League crown, with Arsenal on top by two points, but United have what could prove to be a vital game in hand.

Evra told The Daily Express: "Why not get Arsenal? I don't give a damn.

"I have played every year against Arsenal. We drew 2-2 on their ground and we can't wait to play them again next month. We beat them 4-0 in the FA Cup, too.

"You have to say they struck a big blow in knocking out the holders, but, basically, Arsenal don't scare me.

"The only team I am looking at for the next round of the Champions League are Manchester United.

"It would be a mistake to say we'd rather have Fenerbahce than Barcelona, say. That's when you get hit.

"Look at Real Madrid when they played us at Monaco in the quarter-finals in 2004. They were so confident they booked their hotel for the semi-final - but they hadn't reckoned on us. You have to stay concentrated."

But team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo would prefer to avoid their Premier League rivals until later in the competition.

The Portuguese star told The Sun: "I don't want to play one of the English clubs at the quarter-final stage.

"I would much prefer it in the semis or better still in the final. To have two English sides in the final would be fantastic."