Terry maintains title dream

Skipper confident heading into crucial period

John Terry insists that Chelsea's fine form of late has put them right back in the Premier League title race.

The Blues are currently on a 12-match unbeaten run and have picked up maximum points in nine of those games.

They are now just three points behind leaders Manchester United and second-placed Arsenal and could draw level with the duo at the summit should they secure another three points against Tottenham on Wednesday, and United lose at home to Bolton.

That scenario would place even greater pressure on the three sides heading into Grand Slam Sunday next weekend, but would ensure that Chelsea are the side with the greater momentum heading into the final weeks of the season.

"We are right in the mix and in a great position, especially as only a few months ago we were way adrift," said Blues captain Terry.

"We are quietly coming up on the rails and playing very well."

After netting his first goal of the campaign in the 1-0 win over Sunderland on Saturday, Terry is now hoping that he will be able to find the target on a more regular basis with a crucial period approaching for the Blues.

"That goal was a long time coming," he said.

"It's my first league goal of the season. I don't even know when my last league goal was.

"We were trying to remember in the dressing room and I'm told it was August 2006, the first goal of last season.

"I went through four years scoring quite regularly. It was a big part of my game but I have hit a dry patch because I have been more tightly marked.

"Now I am aiming to score a few more this season. We have a lot of big games coming up and if I can get a couple more and add to my tally it could be crucial."